Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Grocery Getter

A lot of people that I talk to want to eat well and prepare beautiful food but don't think they can afford to do so. I am always surprised by how little I spend on groceries for how much pleasure I get out of cooking and eating well. So here's what my (winter) shopping list usually includes:

kale
carrots
baby arugula/salad greens
avocado
eggs
milk, sometimes yogurt
rolled oats
peanut butter
good bread (ezekiel bread is my splurge: http://www.foodforlife.com
goat or cheddar cheese
sweet potatoes
apples
lemons
salted sunflower seeds

I also have on hand: sea salt, pepper, olive oil, and garlic.
With these ingredients I make soups, salads, sandwiches, oatmeal, granola, and snacks, and my grocery bill is rarely over $25.
Over the next couple posts I'll share how I make these ingredients into meals!


No comments:

Post a Comment