Sunday, February 17, 2013

Bummerland


I haven't written in a while because, honestly, it's Farch. A combination of the months of February and March, it is cold, long, and filled with false promises of spring. Just yesterday, I walked down a sunny, warm, pedestrian-packed Church Street, and I could tell that everyone was high on thoughts of SPRING. I started to imagine the leaves budding and even entertained the thought of buying an iced coffee. But today, the weather report said, "12, feels like -4." So that is Farch. 
I drink tea, I make sure to walk to town and back at least once a day (two miles total), I eat seasonal food and read Vanity Fair, work on my nutrition class, and watch a little too much Netflix, but I'm still letting Farch get me down. 
What do you do to combat this strange time of year?

3 comments:

  1. -loiter too long in cafes
    -buy myself flowers
    -drink the booze out of bottles i later use as flower vases
    -try to translate to celcius how cold it gets in maine to graduate students from portugal, australia and italy
    -make skype dates with you to watch girls/buffy. tomorrow night?

    xoxoxoxoxoxo
    gossip girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put on yoga pants, a summer tee and some rockin tunes...and dance for a decent spell...this works every time!

    ReplyDelete